Dermal fillers used at the West London Interventional Clinic are made of Hyaluronic acid, which occurs naturally in the skin (or dermis). Hyaluronic acid-based fillers are used to treat age-related changes to the face such as thinning, wrinkling and loss of volume and elasticity. Dr Humble is a Consultant in Aesthetic Medicine and has trained with The Harley Academy, London.
They are very safe, derived from a natural substance and their effect can last for more than a year in many cases. They are eventually absorbed back into the skin unlike more artificial substances such as collagen, which can be associated with a more artificial look and for that reason are not used at the clinic. Dermal fillers are typically best used for the lower two-thirds of the face. Hyaluronic acid based dermal fillers have been subjected to rigorous clinical trials assessing the effectiveness and safety. Patients also find it reassuring to know that they are fully biodegradable and reversible.
Indications for Dermal Fillers
- Smoothing of Nose to Mouth Lines (Nasal labial fold)
- Smoothing of corner of mouth to the jaw (Marionette lines)
- Non-surgical facelift with increased volume of the cheekbones
- Sharpening and refinement of the Chin & Jaw line
- Enhance lip volume and / or add definition to the lip border
- Treatment of ‘smokers lines’ affecting upper lip